Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!!!!


So things are going so much better this week. The kids seem to be doing better emotionally with Sean gone. We think we found our house. I am so excited about it. It is a beautiful house with a view of Moses Lake at night. 8-) We pretty much have it if we want it. I just need to see it to make sure. I get to see my hubby in 3 days. I am waaaayyyyy excited about that. Things just seem to be moving much smoother this week than last. It was a rough week!

So the reason for my title you ask?? We were all getting ready for school this morning. We all woke up later than normal so we were trying to move a little faster than normal also. All of a sudden all of the smoke detectors start going off. There are 5 of them total and I think they were ALL going off. UGH!!!! I am smelling and looking for a fire. Breanne is in the shower and starts screaming for me because she is scared. I calmed her down and continue looking for a fire. It is really hard to think with 5 smoke detectors going off all at the same time. Oh my gosh. It was crazy. I am not sure if it was the steam from Bre's shower that set them off or what. I am thinking that one of them has a low battery so I am having my landlord come down today to change it. Something I would normally do myself but it is up really high since we have vaulted ceilings. Thank goodness I figured out how to shut them off. I used the broom and waved it in front of it and it worked. Wow I truly thought there was a fire. I have never had them all go off at the same time. LOL. It is funny now but I was shaking for awhile afterwards. Great start to my day. HA HA HA HA!!!!! 8-)

I just love the picture on the top and the story to how I got it. I was boiling water in a pan that was on the smaller end. The water kept boiling over the side. Instead of dumping water out of the pan I just let it do it. Anyway after the noodles were cooked I took the pan off the burner and that picture is what I saw. LOL. It happened from the water boiling over. I just thought it was so funny and sorta cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment