Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend away

We went over to my brother-in-law & sister-in-law's house this weekend. They live over in Eastern WA. Josh had a coupon to go skiing over at Stephen's pass so he asked Sean to go with him. Sean was pumped since he hasn't been in at least 14 years. So while they were gone all day Jill and I had a great day together hanging out with the kids. We went to the park and walked a little while we were there. Then we just hung out with them while they played. The rest of the day we just hung out around the house together while the kids played. Honestly it was really nice for the kids to have some time with their cousins and for me to have some girly time with Jill. It was well needed. I know it was also nice for Sean to get some guy time with his brother all while doing something he loves! Sunday the guys took the kids shooting while Jill and I went for coffee and she drove me to see her work. It was nice to get some time without the kids. We drove around a little looking at the area. Cameron got to shoot a gun for the first time ever. He loved it. Breanne wanted to but said she didn't want to wear the earplugs. Sean got to shoot some too which he also hasn't done in awhile. Since Josh has all that stuff I wanted him to show the kids what happens when you shoot a gun. How bad it can effect something. Josh took a milk jug and filled it with water and food coloring. That way when it got shot it would explode so he could see the real deal. I want to teach him gun safety early so he knows not to ever play with them. I hope it helped a little. After all that we had lunch and had to head back home. I hate that the weekend goes by so quickly. It was such a nice visit. I would have loved to have one more day there. We had a great drive home. It was an absolutely beautiful day. You could see the mountains and all the snow on them. It was really pretty. I took some pics that I will post on here. The kids are really exhausted from the weekend so hopefully they can catch up on their sleep. It was worth it though. I will post pics of them shooting later. Here are some from the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment