Sunday, March 14, 2010

Up in smoke!!

This weekend was quite an eventful one. Saturday the Oly FD planned to burn a house down and use it for training purposes before the full burn. They set up a viewing area so we could watch the whole thing. It was really cool and a great teaching/learning experience for the kids!! We watching until pretty much just the outside walls were standing and then I came back and took a picture when the whole thing was down.


Afterwards my mom was here to go skating with us. She hasn't been skating in a long time so I was really worried about how she was going to do but she did great!! Everything was great up until the last ten mintues when she fell. I came up on her right after. She was having trouble breathing and in a lot of pain. I was really scared!! I hated seeing her hurting so bad. I finally talked her into going to the ER on the car ride home. She decided that she was in enough pain that she needed to go. We found out that she fractured her vertebrae. No wonder why she couldn't breathe!! Well she has been staying with us since so that I can care for her. My mom is very independent so she isn't letting me do very much for her. It is making me crazy. She should be resting but she just doesn't want to. I am just hoping that her back heals properly so she doesn't have permenant problems in her back. I think she will heal ok but the doc said about 12 weeks of not bending over or lifting. Let's hope she follows through with that and really babies it. That is what she needs to do to heal properly! It was a stressful and crazy weekend. We really did have fun skating with her though. I am glad it wasn't worse. After all the craziness you realize how much worse it could have been so she really was lucky.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your mom. Thank goodness you were able to talk her into going to the ER. I hope she feels better soon!

    Cool about the fire! Great shots to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! She is doing great! :-)

    ReplyDelete