Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our trip to Mt. Rainier

We went to Mt. Rainier yesterday and had so much fun. When we got there it was snowing really heavy. It was very small though but it made it look cloudy because of how heavy it was coming down. As you can see I am sporting a Mt. Rainier thing to cover my ears. I don't have a hat and every time we have went to the mountain I have never needed one. Well the snow that was coming down felt like little pieces of ice slamming into your face. My ears were on fire in like 5 minutes. So thank goodness they had a gift shop and I went and bought one. I felt soooo much better after that. So after that we went and did some sledding. Then Breanne decided she wanted to do the really big one. They stood in line for like 30 minutes just to go down one time. That was way to long to go again. So we went back to the truck to warm up and have a snack. After that we went on a really awesome hike through the snow. It was so fun. They make this trail that takes you way up there. We could have kept going but the trail got so thin and the drop was huge. I am really paranoid and afraid of heights so we decided to head back down. It was really fun and the snow got even deeper up there. It was cool on the trees. We decided to run back to the truck and grab the sleds for about 30 more min. of sledding before we headed home. It was getting dark and they close the gate at the bottom at 6. It takes a good hour to get down all the way. We had a great time and we are planning on going back at least once more before the snow melts. It was a great family day!! I put a couple of videos of the kids sledding on here also. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment